Healthy Vegan Orange Banana Bread

22:04

Had a pretty good time at TPJ's openhouse today, it was so nice seeing all my ex-classmates, friends and my teachers. I had some time to spare in the afternoon before heading to gramps in the evening, and I felt pretty restless so I decided to get up and do some baking.

I've been wanting to make my own bread, but I always end up not making any because I have never made any before (thus inexperienced), plus making bread requires at least two hours of waiting time in between (when you have to wait for the bread to rise).



So I resorted to making banana breads, and I wanted to make thevegancorner's banana bread BUT somehow I ended up making my own. I made some changes and obviously (as you can see from the name of the bread), it's not a banana bread but an orange banana bread.


This bread is super healthy, because it's super low in sodium (no salt is needed), almost fat-free (less than 1g), it's oil-free and low in sugar. Great for diabetics and health-conscious people!

HEALTHY VEGAN ORANGE BANANA BREAD

WHAT YOU NEED: 

  • 3 ripe bananas (either medium or large ones)
  • 1/2 cup organic raw sugar 
  • 325g all-purpose flour 
  • 1 tsb baking powder 
  • 1 tsp maple syrup (Optional)
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • 1 orange 
  • 135g/ml unsweetened soy milk, almond milk or any non-dairy milk 

LET'S DO IT: 

1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees C.
2. Using a fork, mash the bananas until it's totally mushy without any large chunks in it. 
3. Add the sugar and non-dairy milk in the large bowl, together with the bananas. 
4. Add the flour, SLOWLY. Take breaks in between and mix well before adding more. 
5. Add the baking powder, maple syrup and vanilla into the large bowl. Mix well. 
6. Grate the orange and measure 1/2 cup of orange zest. Add it into the bowl. 
7. Grease a tin and pour the contents of the large bowl into the tin.
8. Optional: For your toppings, you can add walnuts or ripe bananas if you like.
9. Bake for 1 hour. Using a fork or a toothpick, poke the bread fully (from the top to the base) and check if it is fully baked -- if it is clean, it is baked. If it's not, leave it for another 5-10 minutes, checking to make sure it doesn't get overburnt. 


The bread turned out somehow a little moist and also relatively chewy. This is not for you if you're looking for moist banana breads!


I did this recipe following my instincts, so it may not be perfect. If you have any suggestions or tips, please comment below! 



Enjoy! xx

Oh and, I'd appreciate it if you'd enter the poll on my home page! thank babes x





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe